Snake River Produce Seeking Experienced Grower Relations Manager – Nyssa, OR
Snake River Produce Company, LLC is a packer and shipper of dry bulb onions, specializing in providing Spanish Sweet onions of superior quality in a variety of packaging and sizes. Located in Nyssa, Oregon Snake River Produce ships red, white, and yellow onions from August until April.
We are now seeking an experienced Grower Relations Manager who will be based in Nyssa, Oregon.
Pay: $30,000+ DOE
Submit application, resume, and three references to Snake River Produce Co., LLC no later than May 4, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Position is open until filled. Mailing address: PO Box 1727, Nyssa, OR 97913 / Physical address: One Bower Ave., Nyssa, OR 97913 (Monday – Thursday) / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Facilitate new and existing grower relationships to meet supply chain volume requirements.
• Identify new growers in Western Idaho and Eastern Oregon to partner with Snake River Produce for acquisitions of onions.
• Perform ongoing grower performance analysis and apply results to business decisions.
• Manage the process related to working with growers to estimate volume and sizing; assist in forecasting and planning.
• Collaborate with Sales and Management Team to forecast volume needs, harvest, and packing timing.
• Schedule harvesting and receiving of onions at multiple locations and with many growers.
• Track and communicate inventory levels and produce quality at packing shed and storage facilities, while supplying packing shed with product to meet sales demands.
• Proactively communicate with growers to facilitate compliance requirements for supplier approval and food safety.
• Support current and new grower relationships by performing grower food safety trainings and coordinating grower audits
• Monitor and verify activities to ensure all products coming in/out of facility meet food safety and quality standards
• Assist sales staff with training and educating potential suppliers and growers to ensure compliance.
• Work closely with managerial team on any food safety or quality assurance issues.
• Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food and employee safety requirements
• Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
• Preferred 2-3 years grower relations experience
• Able to effectively negotiate contracts
• Familiarity with onion growing/harvesting practices, seed varieties, irrigation practices, and pest/weed management.
• Preferred knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes, and Good Agricultural Processes
• Previous experience with SQF, GFSI, Primus, BRC, and/or USDA audits desirable
• Solid understanding of agriculture, harvest, and warehouse activities
• Must be able to travel as required to various growing operations in the Treasure Valley and occasionally out of state to trainings or conferences
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Able to work unsupervised and manage independently with attention to detail and deadlines
• Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing
• Must have some flexibility with work hours and days, weekends and long hours during harvest – typically August-October.
Preferred computer skills, including MS Office and Excel, forklift driving experience, and some mechanical knowledge ideal. Required to have robust organizational and multi-tasking skills, with ability to work under pressure and remain flexible while managing several teams at various locations.